yama

Selection of tree and shurb in Japanese garden.

In general speaking, ratio of ever green tree and shurb 70 % rest of 30% are decideciduos tree and shrub make good blance for Japanese garden
Small and enclose garden use opposit,70% of deciduous and 30 % of ever green. Ratio of ever green and deciduous plant is not always number of trees and shurb, more like area covered by trees and shurbs is count.
Ever green make heavy, stable,settled feeling, deciduos tree is open, light, flowing. color of flower, color of leave, texture makes great influence to small space garden design.

Effect of dense dark green give your feeling "stable"
Large leave, ligth color, less densty deciduous tree make look light. Somehow it makes movement as well.
Japanese garden design use eye illusion and mind illusion very effectively
color and texture (density) and most visitor to Japanese garden even noticed your eye and mind are fooled.
To create peace of mind just looking at Japanese garden, well culculated,mental state,psychological reading of humanmind is implemented.

Mike Yamakami

Reason I writet my name is that I take full respossibilty to what I write.
I don't use fake name nor want be ghost writer. If inaccurate,bad writing
you can poit finger to me or give me Hahaha " you can laught at me.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Yama-san, we have had some laughs together, but I would never laugh at you. You have taught me too much for me to be anything but grateful...

Scott

yama

Hi Scott
It is ok. Sometime I laugh my self how bad I am ( misspeling, instead of L, use R , missing word, etc.). Cady'smom gave me 4th grade grammer text book 4~5 years ago. I thought I should given midle school text book. I was wrong. Kids lean so quickly but me.
Will you fix misspeling of the past posting?

I hope that reader of this forum ask question or tell his /her thought .
No fun without other peoples coment.
yama

Piet Patings
Cool Member

Great @jounderw

Let us know how you go about and do not hesitate to ask opinions and advice while you progress.

Return to “Japanese Garden Forum”