bonsai_baby
Newly Registered

HELP! BABY BONSAI!

Hi my name is Chloe. I have always been into the whole japanese culture and zen gardens, so I went a huge plant shop and bought a baby bonsai! :D
I asked one of the workers how to take care of it. She told me to every once in a while stick my finger down in the roots to see if the soil is moist. If it is dry...water it. but thats all she really told me... :?
I also know every two weeks to place it in a huge tub of water and wait till the bubbles stop coming and take it out... I really want to know more...so I won't kill it. Please help!!! :shock:

this is a URL for a picture of it --------> https://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/peoplelovemanga/?action=view&current=012.jpg&newest=1

here is another----> https://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/peoplelovemanga/?action=view&current=017.jpg&newest=1

and another --------------> https://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/peoplelovemanga/?action=view&current=018.jpg&newest=1
Last edited by bonsai_baby on Mon May 11, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IndorBonsai

Welcome to the Forum Bonsai_Baby :)

Did you happen to get the name of the little bonsai you bought ?
It will be most helpful, since there are so many different types of bonsai out there. And some require different care than others.

At least the Place you bought it from gave you some basic tips for watering. :o Light is also very important most Bonsai need lots of it, a good amount of sunshine or long hours under grow lights.

When we get the name we can help you figure out the best care for your little Bonsai :)

P.S. welcome to Bonsai :clap:

IndorBonsai

Fukien Tea :)

Thees need lots of light to really do well, also these really like a drying period between waterings ( not completely dry tho ) so ya poke your finger in the soil if it is damp wait another day and check again :)

OOh ya keep it at or above 60 degrees Fahrenheit these don't like to get cold.

Von is looking good a couple yellowing leaves means let the soil dry out to almost completely dry before watering again :)

bonsai_baby
Newly Registered

umm. I cant find my reicpt...but I remeber it saying it was a bonsai c.....*I can only remeber it started with a C.....but you can check the pictures to se..... :cry: I'm hopless.....

bonsai_baby
Newly Registered

thank you thank you!!!

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

I believe IB is right with the ID and I suspect it has mites. Get some neem oil from your garden center and spray the plant ot saturation (of the foliage, pleasse, especially undersides...) That first image looks suspicious, and it is obviously not thriving...

HG

Return to “Japanese Garden Forum”