Franco

Tangerine Beetle

My grandma bought me a tangerine plant last year and did absolutely nothing except drop half it's leaves. Now, There are TONS of leaves sprouting everywhere as well as flowers. The other day a flower opened!! But the next day it was gone. I thought I might have a fruit soon but it doesn't look that way. Today I was moving it to a sunnier spot on my roof when I noticed this ugly thing on it. Could he be the culprit of my missing fruit fiasco? haha. If he isn't, I don't want him back anyway (unless he's a good guy).

[img]https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/DaRealFranzy/TangerineBeetle.jpg[/img]

It's a little blurry but you can make it out right?

Jess
Greener Thumb

Franco :D :D

Looks like a weevil but hard to tell as it is out of focus and, yes, it needs squishing!!

Franco

haha well naturally I had to poke it with a stick. when it fell I crushed it :D will more come back?

Jess
Greener Thumb

Oh yes. One thing you can guarantee with pests is there are always more. Just keep on squishing.

IrisPrincess

Franco wrote:haha well naturally I had to poke it with a stick. when it fell I crushed it :D will more come back?
lol! Those are so creepy looking :P

Franco

Well instead of interpolating a new thread I decided to just ask my question here. In that picture of my tangerine plant you can see the stigma of a flower that has dropped and an up-and-coming flower in the back. About 4 days later I had around 10 open flowers and none of them produced a fruit. Why is this happening?

edit: excuse me the one in the front is also up-and-coming but you get the idea

Return to “Wildlife - Gardening with Local Critters in Mind”