CatNippy81

It's back!

I have not even tilled my garden yet and that darn groundhog is back and casing the place already. It's huge! And it fears nothing. I have thought about shooting the thing with my bow, but that might be too much for my neighbors to take. lol. It ate all of mp pea plants last year. I fear a small fence would only give this beast something to chew on for a short time.

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

you can trap and release - some 100-150 miles away.
or trap and give it a swimming test.

or the bow / .22

groundhogs will not play nice.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

My groundhog is back after being mysteriously missing last year and is already doing lots of damage. Last year my black eyed susans were beautiful, but they are one of her favorites and have been chewed down to almost nothing. Lots of other plants have had their tops chewed off. I have the veggies fenced in, but it is hard to fence everything.

CatNippy81

I wounder how they feel about cats. I have three and was thinking I could sprinkle some dirty cat litter around the area it stays. Maybe it will decide it's not a great place to live after that especially if it is a female and has babies. I sent my brothers dog after it one. It just went after the dog lol.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I tilled up the garden and killed some big moles, they were the size of rats.

Return to “Wildlife - Gardening with Local Critters in Mind”