tomf
Super Green Thumb

Watched an eagle fly.

I was picking up my morning news paper when not 50 feet from me an eagle took off and flue around the field. It crossed over my head and landed in a tree near me, then it took off to another tree across the field. Eagles are such beautiful birds and so majestic. This to me was a wow moment.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Oh it was a Bald Eagle and my wife saw it the day before; I hope to get a photo of it.

Chipper

Yes they are majestic and I'm jealous. We see them often when we drive up to northern Wisconsin but unfortunately we don't drive up enough because of the darn job.

The last time we drove back there was a huge eagle on the side of the road just north of Minoqua sitting on top of a dead deer having quite a meal. We know they are large birds but when you seen them that close it is really impressive how big they really are!!

Enjoy the view!!

lily51
Greener Thumb

Ohio has had great success with their efforts to bring back breeding populations of the American bald eagle, so much so that they are not just around Lake Erie anymore.
Our town is about 60 miles from the lake and have had sightings, including nests, over the last 5 years or so. They seem to like our road, our woods and fields. There is a nest out by the towns reservoir, so now the town calls them "our eagles". It is a thrill to see them!

Return to “Wildlife - Gardening with Local Critters in Mind”