lynette

my dog !

I need help fast ive just got a new puppy and everytime I let her out shes at my plants and veg is there any way of stopping her is there any products I can spray on my plants and veg to keep her away please help! :cry:

lynette

Thank you I will try that x

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

1) A fence

2) What breed is the puppy? Some breeds are genetically motivated to dig and destroy; the fence will be the ONLY way to protect the plants if you have one of these breeds. Terriers are the best-known, but there are others.

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

john gault
Green Thumb

I don't think anyone could give better dog advice than this guy https://www.cesarsway.com/

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Don't get me started on "this guy." :evil: Training with positive reinforcement produces happier dogs, more relaxed dog handlers/owners, and a generally better "vibe" all the way around. It is the only way I've ever worked with dogs, whether my own, rescues that I'm fostering, or client dogs whether at grooming shops or in my pet-sitting business (in the '90s).

More information at https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Chipper

Noticed the dog post so I had to read/respond. As far as the Dog Whisperer, I am obsessed with watching the show! I have also read three of his books and continue to be amazed at the psychology of dog training.

But as others have said, the pup must be taught not to bother your plants. It will take patience and sprays will help deter but remember a puppy that digs will soon be an adult who digs.

Good luck!!!

Return to “Wildlife - Gardening with Local Critters in Mind”