tomf
Super Green Thumb

Do you have hedge rows? I think they are cool.

One thing I am happy about is there are only a few Mt. Lion sightings. I have only seen their dropping once in my yard and it was a good 1/4 mile or more from the house. The lions seam to eat more people in California than up in the North West. As the matter it is very rare up here. Even bear attacks are rare but I have heard stories.

JONA878
Greener Thumb

tomf wrote:Do you have hedge rows? I think they are cool.

One thing I am happy about is there are only a few Mt. Lion sightings. I have only seen their dropping once in my yard and it was a good 1/4 mile or more from the house. The lions seam to eat more people in California than up in the North West. As the matter it is very rare up here. Even bear attacks are rare but I have heard stories.
Hedgerows?
The whole county is one big hedgerow. Down here in the south of England a field of over 20 acres would be a large field.
From the air the whole area looks like a giant patchwork quilt.
Wouldn't change it for the world as it is so beautifull whatever the time of year.

No lions down here.....although the rumours of a large cat of some sort have been around for years. ( Personaly think it's just the ramblings of some local on his way home from the pub on a dark night).
The most ferocious creatures we see are Stoats , mink and weasels. All of whome could give you a nasty suck if they are handled.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Fluffy tailed rats are squirrels... hmmm, well technically I suppose they are.
TECHNICALLY, they are not, despite both being family Rodentiae...

In every other estimation, cynthia is completley correct :evil:

Tom, the coyote pups are just fantastic; we used to live on an old pasture and used to see the coyotes come out to "dance" together on some summer evenings; even our cats liked to watch (from the same distance that OL likes them) :lol:

HG
Scott Reil

Return to “Wildlife - Gardening with Local Critters in Mind”