Earl K
Green Thumb

Giant Swallowtail

Didn't get a pic but just had a huge butterfly in my pool enclosure.I had to research to figure the species.Giant swallowtail it was about 5 inches wide and stuck inside the screened area.I felt bad so I gently moved him to the doorway with pool net.Great feeling to watch him fly away as some have gotten in and not survive getting out :D

GeorgiaGirl

Glad you were able to rescue him! I had to rescue a butterfly from our screened-in porch that I haven't had a chance to research/identify yet... definitely a good feeling to be able to help them out!

Earl K
Green Thumb

Funnystory about this certain butterfly :shock: So this morning I get up at 6:30 go out back to have a smoke while coffee brews.The same butterfly is on the outside of the screen.Luckily he was not inside as I would have to help him out again.It seemed like he was there to say thanks for letting me out last night :D I go in to fix coffee and look out at him(or her)Gone :?: Well I'm happy that this little friend has stopped by to say hello.Hope for many more (outside the screen) :D

Diane
Green Thumb

A nice ending to a cute story.

Return to “Wildlife - Gardening with Local Critters in Mind”