robert grant
Newly Registered

Leyland Cypress - North Carolina

Hello,
I have a few leyland cypress that were planted as privacy trees on the edge of the lot lines of my house. They have grown very well & are about 25 feet tall, perhaps 10 to 12 years old. Last year, we had a prolonged regional drought, and many leyland cypresses in the general area started to brown out and then die.

I thought at the time it was drought damage. But I was told recently that there is also a parasitic infection attacking the trees that manifests by individual branches going brown and then the whole tree dieing.

Q: Is that true, and if so; can the parasites be treated against - how and what is the probability of success.

Thank you!
Robert Grant

hennry
Newly Registered

Any violation of the provisions of this chapter or of this title as such relates to hedges, shrubs or trees shall be presumed to be a private nuisance unless the City Council determines that such violation is one which affects at the same time an entire community or neighborhood or any considerable number of persons, in which case the City Council may declare it to be a public nuisance and cause the same to be abated by the persons and in the manner authorized by this code or other ordinances of the City.
---------------------
hennry

[url=https://www.alcoholaddiction.org/north-carolina]North Carolina Alcohol Addiction Treatment[/url]

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”