PinkFingers
Newly Registered

Drab front of house

I'd like your suggestions for an attractive, low maintenance, something-or-other to put at the front of our home to brighten it up. I have no idea what I'm talking about garden wise, so I dare not specify what I mean. We have a wall, so something that would show above that. And a short path up to the door. I think I like the spiky looking 'plants', or palm like trees. If you could give me some names maybe, then I could search them and have a plan on how to brighten our home.

I have a rather odd situation, in that, I don't remember what our driveway is like. I have a photo of our house, which is being rented until we return to the UK. We bought the house whilst living here in Munich, and have been to see it only once. The main area I guess we have to work with is in front of the house, as the area for the car is only wide enough for a car up until the garage door.

I appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

I have no clue what plant zone you are in but go to a horticultural website locally or a university that has horticulture and see what plants are native then make a list then visit a garden center. See have they list potentilla a deciduous plant that blooms all sumer with 5 different colors. the best to you.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”