kestrel
Newly Registered

holly bush

Hi,
I am new to this forum and would like to know if any of you could help me with a problem that I am having with a fairly new holly bush. The problem seems to be with it loosing its leaves. I planted it a couple of months ago and things seemed to be going good. It started adding new growth. Just recently I noticed that about 50% of its leaves (mainly the lower half) started falling off. The bush is planted in an area where it is shaded most of the time. I have watered it every once in a while, I don't think that I am over watering it.? Any ideas?
Thank you,
Tom

magick girl
Newly Registered

I am new here too!

I had a similar problem with a japanese fantail pussy willow. started out good for about 6 weeks then lost all of it's leaves and the skeleton left turned brown. I didn't see any bugs on it. I wondered if it had been our climate. south east pa has been hot hot hot and huuuuuuuuumid! the season started with lot's of rain but now it is few and far between! good luck and I hope you get an answer that may help with mine.
good gardening!

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

I'd say that both issues sound like lack of water to me. Try a little tenderness in the form of H2O...

Scott

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”