Emerald

Problem with my Butterfly bush

I have never had any trouble growing butterfly bushes in the past. I have honestly never had any trouble until moving on top of this mountain. The soil here is very irony and rock is never hard to find. I made special beds for my butterfly bushes and have doctored them for two years. As soon as they get a few new sprigs the leaves start curling up like they have had some kind of chemical put on them. The leaves are still green and I am keeping plenty of water and miracle grow but something is wrong. I use miracle grow every two weeks. Anyone have an idea what happening?

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Leaf curl is a fungus, darn I wish I could find that magazine article with all the organic solutions, I know there was one for leaf curl.

Try spraying your tree with diluted milk. It works for powdery mildew by acting as a fertilizer for beneficial biota growing on the leaves and I'm assumig that it will do the same here.

Good luck!

Any body else have any other ideas or tips? All advice is most welcome.

I've already given you my spiel on synthetic fertilizers in another thread so, I'll leave that one alone. Except to say that organic fertilizers will help aid your trees growth.

Leaf mold works miracles when applied in the fall with some manure.

Emerald

I will try milk and see what happens. If anything it cant hurt.

Can I use the liquid seaweed or liquid fish fertilizer on my flowers also? If so would I do this one a week as with my veggies?

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”