aaardvark

Help identifying this shrub

In the pacific Northwest in a yard. Thanks for your help!
(I am 95% about what I think it is, and I hope it's not that, but I don't want to bias any guesses.)

aaardvark

Anyone?

told2b

Prunus lusitanica ????

aaardvark

Thanks for the reply. There are HUGE laurels on the other side of the fence that the neighbor NEVER maintains, so I did some massive pruning of stuff hanging over the fence blocking sun to my fruit and vegetable patch and to the established ornamental stuff in the yard. I am grateful for the privacy they provide, but would have appreciated the neighbor maintaining his stuff.

I was afraid this plant I found might be an offshoot of the plants on the other side of the fence that found its way into my yard. I was HOPING it was something ornamental I'd want to leave growing. Might have to just get rid of it.

Thanks!

told2b

Prunus laurocerasus is known as English laurel.

applestar
Mod

I didn’t recognize it, but I do see those Blue-black Berries that are probably very attractive and tasty to birds, so it’s probably how you end up with them in your neighborhood.

I wonder if they are good bonsai candidates or are those leaves too big and won’t minimize? Most of the unwanted “weed” volunteer shrubs and trees in my garden undergo evaluation for possible “bonsai wannabe” stay of execution. :wink:

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”