pallavimohnot
Newly Registered

new bought hibiscus having some issues need guidelines

We just moved moved in a new hose and I bought a new hibiscus 2 weeks back it was doing all well for the first week and still is flowering. It just got pretty new flowers yesterday, but I think it has got some sought of shock :? that what I feel. the leaves are downwards and this is what I saw today morning :o :o . I am entire new to gardening :oops: . Can some one tell me what am I doing wrong? the pot has drainage holes. it get direct sunlight for almost 8-9 hours.
attaching the pictures below. did I over water it. :?: :|
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-23 at 13.29.14.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-23 at 13.29.11 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-23 at 13.29.10.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-23 at 13.29.12.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-23 at 13.29.11.jpeg

imafan26
Mod

Hibiscus can stand some drying between watering. Your moisture meter said it has enough water. If the leaves are soft and not as firm as when you first got them, I suspect it is more a problem of light. I see what might be sunburn on one of the leaves (the bleached spot) and the leaves are a darker green than I am used to. 8-9 hours of sun is good enough for flowers. I think when you moved the plants the sun is not of the same intensity so it needs a little bit of acclimation and let the plants dry out a bit between watering. Hibiscus likes good drainage and humidity since it is a tropical plant. The large leaves will collect dust and mites are a problem in summer so at least once a week, hose off the leaves top and bottom to remove dust and check for pests. Treat pests early. Fertilize weakly weekly. You can use your moisture meter or your finger to determine when it is time to water again.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”