Stephen111725

Something wrong with my tree

My apple tree is dying or somthing I tried everything and not getting better. Here's what it looks like
20160615_162031.jpeg
20160615_162036.jpeg
Also the roots are very very small compared to the right of the tree and it is staked up because it can't stand itself up
20160615_162042.jpeg

JONA
Greener Thumb

I take it Stephen that these trees are seedlings or cuttings.
The problem is....if they are seedlings ....is that they will grow all over the place. Some can be super and its neighbour terrible. That's the luck of breeding.
Still, there are some things that might help.
First...the spots on the leaves are scab. A fungus that grows on apples and pears in warm damp weather. There are sprays to keep this at bay.
The last photo looks a little like magnesium difficiancy. A spray or two of magnesium salts ( Epsom salts) will help that and if you do spray add a dash of urea to the pot as this will give the tree a good dose of nitrogen as a booster.
Both these chemicals are cheap to buy...are organic...and harmless to other creatures and other plants.

Stephen111725

JONA wrote:I take it Stephen that these trees are seedlings or cuttings.
The problem is....if they are seedlings ....is that they will grow all over the place. Some can be super and its neighbour terrible. That's the luck of breeding.
First...the spots on the leaves are scab. A fungus that grows on apples and pears in warm damp weather. There are sprays to keep this at bay.
The last photo looks a little like magnesium difficiancy. A spray or two of magnesium salts ( Epsom salts) will help that and if you do spray add a dash of urea to the pot as this will give the tree a good dose of nitrogen as a booster.
Both these chemicals are cheap to buy...are organic...and harmless to other creatures and other plants.
So, spray with fungicide and epsom salt?

JONA
Greener Thumb

Stephen111725 wrote:
JONA wrote:I take it Stephen that these trees are seedlings or cuttings.
So, spray with fungicide and epsom salt?
Yes.....plus a dash of urea.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”