ttarpcire

Sick weeping white pine... can anyone help?

I have a Weeping White Pine tree in my backyard. this spring I noticed the needles turning tan. some more than others and some not at all. Last year it was fine. is this a water issue or is it some type of blight? Can any one help me out?
thanks
Attachments
whole tree view
whole tree view
ends turning tan , but new growth also...
ends turning tan , but new growth also...

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

How old is the tree? Is there any trunk damage? Did you treat your lawn with an herbicide? What has your weather been like?

ttarpcire

I am not sure of the age, maybe10 or less?? The base is about 6" diameter. We just bought the house last July and the tree didn't have this issue. So I don't know if the past owner treated the lawn with herbicide. the tree lives on a raised berm with some other junipers. I noticed on the "top" of the tree where the branch lays flat before it "weeps" down. the bark is very, for a lack of a better term, messed up. I will post a few pix. the weather has been nice and cool for the spring. a few days were up to 80 but mostly 60s. winter wasn't crazy, some snow and some freezing temps, nothing out of the norm.
also, I noticed the top portion of the tree seems more affected that the rest. if water from a sprinkler gets up there could it cause this?
thanks for your thoughts.
Attachments
another full view of the whole tree.
another full view of the whole tree.
this is where the "messed up" bark lives
this is where the "messed up" bark lives
top "messed up" bark
top "messed up" bark

ttarpcire

I found a pic of the tree from last year when we moved in. No browning. It's not the best pic in the world but at least you can see the berm it lives on and the other plants it's next to.

thanks
Attachments
a pic of the pine from last year, no browning
a pic of the pine from last year, no browning

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”