Curmudgeous
Newly Registered

Corn Plant (Dracaena) with issues.

Hello there shiny internet forum.

I have a corn plant (at least to the best of my knowledge that's what it is) that has recently been suffering pretty dramatically. Many of its leaves have been turning completely brown and falling off, and in the past couple of days part of its trunk has turned black and lost its firmness. I'm afraid it's dying.

Some of its leaves are coated in a white powdery substance, which is probably relevant to something. Additionally, the trunks (stems?) Are soft and easily squished, which I believe was not true before. I have NO idea what's wrong, and googling around has offered no firm suggestions. Included are several photographs to demonstrate the mentioned features? Anyone have any ideas? I've neglected this poor guy in the past a little, but I thought we were working through our problems. I'd be so sad if he died.

Thanks for taking your time to read and (crosses his fingers) make suggestions.

-Curmudgeous
Attachments
1442377848550-283890013.jpg
1442377771617630813255.jpg

catgrass
Green Thumb

Your plant is rotting. Maybe too much water? Sitting in water? At this stage, your best bet is to cut off the top where it is not mushy, let dry for a day, and pot your cutting in a good potting mix. Water just enough to keep your cutting from flopping over. Place in bright light, but not full sun. Will take a few weeks to root.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”