Danielr_31
Newly Registered

What is wrong with my shrub?

I have a potted evergreen plant that is beginning to turn brown. I have seen my neighbors plants turn brown like this too. Eventually they just throw them out. Because they look ugly. I think they probably must have died. I don't want this to happen to my plant. Does anybody have any suggestions. I water and fertilize it. Please help.

Danny
Attachments
image.jpg

imafan26
Mod

Juniper I think. The ones here get that way too. Most of the time it is something eating the leaves. Roaches are often the culprit here but bagworms are common elsewhere.

Other causes of browning are too much or too little water. Junipers are drought resistant but do need water, they just don't like wet feet. How fast does the pot dry out?

It was a little blurry when I tried to zoom on the plant. It looks like it is browning from the inside and not from the tips.
Browning at the tips could be twig and tip blight usually caused different fungi during warm wet weather

Danielr_31
Newly Registered

Thanks for the reply. I have removed the plate that was under the pot that collects the water. Maybe that is the wet feet you were talking about. It does appear to be browning from the inside and going out. I have taken out the Pineneedles from inside the pot. And I have put fertilizer. It gets watered about once every two weeks if there is no rain. Also I have tried to keep it out of the sun so it has been in the house sometimes but in the winter time it is outside. Wish me luck!

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”