seplant
Newly Registered

Weeping Juniper turning brown - Help!

I have had some kind of weeping juniper in the front yard landscaping for my house in northern Indiana for about the past 8 years, and it has been turning brown for the last two seasons. It shed quite a bit last season, but it seemed to recover and survive the winter. This season it is almost completely brown (see photo). We have had plenty of rain this year, and I have a drip line that runs through the landscaping in this area, so the roots should be nice and moist. Can anyone help provide ideas on what might be causing this and what I should do to try to salvage this plant? Thanks.
Attachments
Dying shrub.jpg

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

I don't know what your tree's problem is/was & also absolutely hate to be the voice of doom, but at this point there is nothing you can do to save it. It is dead - there is no saving it. With growing things - but I've found with evergreens in particular - there really is no "wait & see" once things start looking like they're going downhill. If you have any other evergreens on your property that start to show the same symptoms, I'd try to get an arborist or other tree landscape expert to check it out for you before it reaches this same point. Sorry. :(

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”