KeyWee

Willow and Maple

DSC_2122.JPG
DSC_2122.JPG (48.58 KiB) Viewed 834 times
Picture practice time ~ my nashiki dappled willow and Japanese Maple. Elbowing each other for space.

shadylane
Green Thumb

It will be a continuance pruning for the willow, at least on the Maple's edge. I do like the contrast of color together.

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

Very lovely pic of some very lovely trees.

KeyWee

Why thank you! I rarely prune the willow (it's too pretty, and only when I want to take cuttings for other gardeners) and I never prune the maple. They are actually MUCH bigger than they look in the picture, and my husband is always asking when I will cut the willow back. Um, that would be never.

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

I've always liked weeping willows. Growing up, a neighbor had a HUGE one that we kids considered "ours" & climbed & played in constantly with her blessings. (Of course, this was before the "Age of Liability & Lawsuits" that we live in now. . . .)

I'd plant one now if I could find a safe spot for it. Unfortunately, the only possible spots for one on our property now would position it too close for comfort in proximity to both our well & our septic-system drainfield - both no-no's for trees in general & particularly for willows, which are desperate water-lovers.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”