MadHatter26
Newly Registered

Leaning Peach Tree

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to gardening in general. I recently purchased a house and have two peach trees on the property. One is standing tall while the other is, well, standing crooked. I want to save the tree but don't know if it's too far gone. I've attached a picture of the tree for your judgement. If I can't correct it, is there a way I can relocate it? Thanks!

Also, I searched for an answer in other posts but couldn't find one, so forgive me if I started a new thread when it was already answered :()
Attachments
IMG_0278.jpeg

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Some trees lean. In order to bring it back more to verticle I would cut the soil about a foot away from the trunk with a spade (on the down-hill side ot the tree). I would tape onto the down-hill side of the trunk a couple of lath. This will protect the trunk as you encircle the trunk with a line and pull it back upright. I would then tie that line to a stake. and back fill the cut soil with other soil.

Peach should be pruned into a vase shape so as you wrench on your tree look to see if a branch or three died, leaving it looking tilted, more than it is in fact.

MadHatter26
Newly Registered

Just so I'm sure, I should cut soil on the side that's opposite of the side that it's leaning? In the picture it would be the right side.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Tree
Lean, cut on leaning side.

Tree
Stake on uphill side.

I can't tell anything from photo.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”