Russell55
Newly Registered

problem with viburnums please help!

hey everyone, I'm having some problems with my viburnums and wondering if anyone knows whats going on here. thanks for looking and helping.I just planted these last year and I am trying everything to keep them healthy. I am a new unexperienced gardener and its been a learning experience.
Attachments
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

It helps if you tell us where you are. After that, the more information you can give about what has been going on, what you have tried, etc, the more help we can be. Not sure what you are worried about in the first picture. Viburnums do get fall color.

The second picture clearly is some kind of leaf spot disease, which are usually fungal. In viburnum these are usually not serious. It will be dropping those leaves soon anyway. Be sure you rake up and destroy the leaves (not in compost pile), which will help prevent it from coming back next year. For prevention, mulching helps, and keeping the leaves dry (water only the soil, not the leaves).

Russell55
Newly Registered

thanks for the quick reply! I'm in Florida only some of my viburnums are getting color I have them surrounding my backyard fence and the bushes I am having trouble with are on my left side next to a wooded lot. all of my bushes on the right are very healthy and growing great. I was not certain if the first picture was a problem or not so I decided to add it we have only had one night here in the 60's and this color has been here since the end of the summer months.Also the only ones with leaf spots are the ones with redish color. thanks again for the help

Russell55
Newly Registered

O just had a afterthought. I do have a watering system and water the bushes twice a week with about a half gallon of water. I was told they would need watering for there first year especially with it being so hot here in Florida. I wonder if the plants next to the woods are staying damper thus giving fungis a better oporrtunity ti grow.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”