sephiroth
Newly Registered

infestation problem-dwarf alberta spruce tree

I recently got a small dwarf alberta spruce tree (right now its about the height of a toddler and then I realized some brown needles and now there are alot ive watered it several times but more and more needles are becoming brown I just discovered there is a spider mite infestation anyone have any tips on getting rid of the things?

MaineDesigner
Green Thumb

This is fairly common problem with Dwarf Alberta Spruce. First make sure you are watering enough but not over watering, that your soil pH is 5.5 - 7.0 and that the plants are in full sun (6+ hours per day). If the cultural conditions aren't right you will have a tough time keeping the trees healthy in the long run. The organic solutions include insecticidal soaps, dormant oil and summer oil.

sephiroth
Newly Registered

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! TODAY I WOKE UP TO FIND THAT MY DWARF ALBERTA SPRUCE IS GROWING SOME NEW NEEDLES ON THE BRANCHES THAT WERE TOTALLY DESERTED :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dorothydot

Thank goodness for your new growth.

I think the idea of spraying with insecticidal soap is dead-on. Those spider mites are not a good thing. And the soap won't harm the environment, either. It just kind of dissolves the spider mites away.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”