snowdrop
Newly Registered

pineapple broom

hi
have just brought and planted a pineapple broom about 2 days ago and now the leaves are turning yellow and drop off if touched does anyone know what could be causing this to happen?

snowdrop

Janshe
Newly Registered

The same is happening to mine. I planted it two weeks ago and now the leaves are yellowing. Am I over watering? The ground feels dry but I am watering it every other day in these dry conditions

snowdrop
Newly Registered

The leaves on my tree have all gone yellow now and are dropping off, like you I have been watering it every other day. Someone on here did say to me about a wisteria I recently planted that stress can cause symptoms to the leaves so maybe it could be happening to our pineapple tree's.
Lets just hope that they will right themselves and pick up next year I think thats all we can do now.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Neither of you said where you are or what kind of situation your tree is in. It is very difficult to answer any questions without that information.

I never heard of pineapple broom so I looked it up. It is a tree that likes warm and dry, recommended to be grown in places like the American Southwest or Australia. In other places it is often grown against a sunny wall, to give it a warm, sheltered spot. it needs well drained soil. Once it is established it should not be watered too often, but you both have new trees that are still getting established.

Leaf dropping for your new trees could be just transplant shock. Otherwise it could be a reaction to too much cold. It is not hardy below USDA zone 7 and does not like cold winds.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”