smaxey843
Cool Member

First start to finish trees in my confined back yard.

Hi All,
I'd like to plant two fruit trees in my back yard. The research I've done indicates apples will not do well in my environment and as saddening as that is, I plan to push forward with another tree type.

I have very very dense clay soil in my yard just below the lawn. Are there any fruit trees that handle clay soils well? Does anyone have any thoughts regarding how they would plant their own trees differently?

I also have a few blueberry questions, is this the best place for blueberry inquiries?

Thanks ya'll,
Steven

smaxey843
Cool Member

Marlingardener -
Thanks for the response, I'll take my blueberry questions to the fruit board :D

The pollination issues are why we've opted for two trees. we have an HOA requirement for a tree in the front, which is a gracious and likely very expensive sycamore tree ( I think. I need to confirm that. ) and I don't like the idea of digging that healthy tree up to replace it with a fruit bearing variety, it may be a good way to squeeze three trees out of my small yard.

I'll look into peaches and pears. I'd rather have peaches, however my better half wants peaches.

smaxey843
Cool Member

Marlingardener -
Thanks for the link! I didnt dig to heavily for a thread on the subject but I will definitely dig into it and ask for clarification there.

I will check on the HOA / HMO situation. I need to contact them about a privacy fence and that'll be one more thing to tack onto the discussion.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”