fancy

Rose of Sharon

My Rose of Sharon bush has not budded out yet so my husband thinks it is dead. I want to wait and see before replacing it. It did so well last year so I know it is healthy has anyone else had this problem?

seaellare
Cool Member

I am in SC, and we were hit by a late frost - my ROS had buds and leaves all over it, and I was so excited to see it this year, because last year was our first year in our home, and it was not well taken care of before. We actually didn't even know what it was, as it looked like sticks - hardly any leaves, and maybe 3 or 4 flowers! We've since fertilized it, weeded, and it was looking to have a great year!

I do know that ROS's take a litte longer to show signs of life in spring than many other plants and trees - I'd wait a bit on it!!

opp2

fancy wrote:My Rose of Sharon bush has not budded out yet so my husband thinks it is dead. I want to wait and see before replacing it. It did so well last year so I know it is healthy has anyone else had this problem?
I think you should wait. Mine got chomped by the bunny and I just planted it last fall. I didn't think it was going to come and it has finally got some tiny buds coming. Give it a few more days..maybe a week and then have a look at it.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”