faithful4ever

sizzlin pink fringe flower problem

Hi all,

I bought a sizzling pink fringe flower shrub from Lowes discount table it was ok just the leaves were a bit dry and green instead of the Burgundy color. I Planted it with a bit of black kow. The leaves are starting to yellow
Iam wonder if those are old leaves or is it lacking something? Or was the black kow not a good idea I mixed it in with my native soil:(. Thank you to all in advanced:).[/i]

twittel

I have these bushes, too (loropotelum). I think you've done everything right. I use Black Kow when I plant. Keep it watered weekly and hope for the best. I can tell you from experience that loropatelum can look as if they're dead, but don't pull it up as it may well revive the following year. This happened to me with two fringe flowers that I was convinced were dead! They're now big and beautiful. The yellowing leaves could be nothing more than the plant asking for some 10-10-10 fertilizer. I'm not aware of any specific disease or bug issues here in the sandhills of North Carolina.
Happy Gardening!

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

The odds are great that you have air pockets. Use the end of your shovel to tamp down the backfilled soil.

faithful4ever

Thank you both for your response I greatly appreciate it;). The bush is looking alot better. It has gotten a bit taller since I planted it. I will be getting some triple ten soon.some of the leaves are still yellow and falling, But the bush looks great. I live in the Piedmont of NC :).

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”