PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Citrus Tone

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with this fertilizer? I am interested in using it on my Lemon tree.

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

I use espoma and it is natural so that means at least what I use smells. Never had a problem with it.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

not used it, but the Tone products (Tomato Tone, Holly Tone, Rose Tone etc) are all organics and should be fine.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

They had this other brand. It did not say organic but looking at the ingredients there were some organic ingredients but some were not. If I see something like ammonium sulfate that is not organic correct?

I tried to look up reviews for Citrus Tone and I came across a thread at gardenweb and most of the people there did not say favorable things. One of the things they said was that it was not a complete fertilizer and also that it decays fast and burns roots.

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

Garden Web are a bunch of busy bodies that know little of horticulture. Mineral mascagnite is the natural form of ammonium sulfate. Burn roots? Yes if you just throw it on heavy. Bone meal will burn as well as any fertilzer. Super phosphate as well. Espoma is what I use and have for over a half a century. Tell me when does garnulated fertizer not disintergrate when it is washed by water, ntural or otherwise.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”