SandyJ

Plants under HoneyLocust Tree?

Does anyone know if planting a ground cover under a Honey Locust would be ok? Hoping it wouldnt cause problems for the tree?

Thanks so much

bangstrom

I see no problem with planting a ground cover under a Honey Locust but, if you have not yet planted the tree, be sure to get one that is seedless.
Also, Tulip Poplar trees are only called "poplar" because they resemble some poplar trees. I have never seen one sucker but they do get large. Tulip trees are related to Magnolias and they are not in the sucker prone poplar family.

SandyJ

bangstrom wrote:I see no problem with planting a ground cover under a Honey Locust but, if you have not yet planted the tree, be sure to get one that is seedless.
Also, Tulip Poplar trees are only called "poplar" because they resemble some poplar trees. I have never seen one sucker but they do get large. Tulip trees are related to Magnolias and they are not in the sucker prone poplar family.
Thanks so much Bangstrom. The Locust is seedless so we are good there. I also appreciate the insight on the Tulip trees. :)

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”