gardenmel
Newly Registered

japanese maple no leaves this spring

:( A few years ago I found a little Japanese maple in the woods. It was fall and I just put it in a pot for the winter. that spring I planted it and it lived beautifully in our front yard, growing to about 5 feet! This spring, however, it still has no leaves. I see others around town that have full foliage. It seems to be alive, no dead looking branches. There has not been any trauma except for last year when our grass cutter scarred the trunk a little with the weed wacker. It looks like it has healed from that. There also seems to be little buds on the branches, but they haven't changed or gotten bigger at all. Is it dead? I gave it some fertilizer several weeks ago, but no change. My heart is broken. Is there anything more I can do? Any ideas or suggestions?

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

Plants are like humans and sometimes what we assume is incidental could be major. Weed wackers more then likely killed more plants then Roundup. Strip the bark with your nail if it is still green more then likely it will come but next time bandage the cut don't leave it open.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”