applestar
Mod

Fall Color Displays -- photo gallery

Post your Fall color displays here! :wink:
Be sure to identify what they are so we can all think about planting them in our own garden 8)

Highbush and lowbush Blueberries and Serviceberry (to the left):
[img]https://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll272/applesbucket/Image8234.jpg[/img]

Virginia Creeper (red) and Blue/honeyvine Milkweed (yellow) + a small Common Milkweed on the ground (yellow):
[img]https://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll272/applesbucket/Image8237.jpg[/img]

-- yeah, the fence needs to be scrubbed :oops:

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

Seems you have criters roaming around your garden. Yes the fence does need some sprucing up and how about pulling some weeds while you are at it. So what are you raising in the one's?

applestar
Mod

:lol: I'm not worried about the weeds. The blueberry bed's going to get mulched soon anyway. It needs to be fenced over the winter because otherwise, the rabbits nibble down this year's new shoots.

The fence was fine over the summer while we had all that drought, but then the rain came back in fall and all of a sudden the fence turned green! :shock: Can vinyl fence be pressure washed? (Does anyone know the best psi?) If tonight's freeze is temporary and we get above freezing temps back, maybe that'll be the way to go.

I have tree seeds (3 kinds of acorns, Halesia, and Tulip poplar) planted in the black nursery pots to winter over and sprout in spring if all goes well. Hoping squirrels and chipmunks won't find them. I'm planning to make chickenwire box for them but haven't had the chance yet so they're inside "maximum security" double fenced area for now.... :lol:

BewilderedGreenyO.o
Green Thumb

That is wonderful Apple! Gorgeous Coloring. I have really been wanting to get a Virginia creeper but whenever I look it up I end up reading horror stories about it lol We haven't gotten much autumn color here yet .. everything is still pretty green.

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

Don't know about the psi but yes the fence can be pressure washed best in the winter. Maximim security for a tulip, down here it is a weed. My cat would take care of your rabbits and chipmunks.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”