neil17

Propagating/planting pecan trees

Hello, I'm new to the forum I have a beautiful 40-45' large soft shell pecan tree. I have a 10 gallon bucket full of these great pecans. I was looking into planting at least 10-20 of these. Is there any advice anyone could give me on how long I should wait to plant these freshly picked up pecans. Wat kind of soil I need to use, and any other information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D
Last edited by neil17 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

yama

Hi
Gerogia is number state of peacan production next is Texas. I think your area's extention should have good information about peacan. you can find the information from Univercity of Gerogia extention service. USDA Byron station have been studying peacan production. If you can call USDA Byron station, they should have good information and send it to you. Unvercity of Gerogia's resercher also working with USDA reserchers.
Stuwart is popular varaiety. Your area extention is best place to find informations you need. Usuarly Extention servive have general information for home owner and very detailed information for commercial growers.
Good luck
yama

neil17

Thx for the advice on that I will contact them and see wat they can do thx again!

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”