coasterqueen

Help with Pin Oak tree

I planted a Pin Oak Tree a couple of months ago and I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that some parts of the leaves are turning brown. Not all the leaves, but some of them have brown on them. What could this be? I have clay soil, could that be anything to do with it? Is this type of tree supposed to be watered every day?

opp2

my new amur maple is doing the same thing. I think it may be transplant stress. I suspect that my tree was grown in a totally different atmosphere than it is experienceing here, thus the stress and adjustment. I planted a number of trees this year, medora junipers that are now droopy, witchita junipers that aren't silver and as posted elsewhere a colorado blue that isn't. It's too hot now to do anything about them so I'm leaving them until the fall and I'll have the nursery out to have a look.

Good luck

coasterqueen

Thanks. I was thinking maybe it was stress also. I hope it comes out of it ok. Come to think of it my maple had the same thing last year but it was a much larger tree. So here's hoping! I will talk to my nursery this fall as well when the weather cools.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”