Mini Mango!

- African Baobab - HELP?

Hi all,

Last week, I checked on my Baobab seeds which I have planted about 2 weeks ago, and I saw that they gone bad. I read somewhere that you can crack them before planting, so I did that and kept them for a while in water, then planted in soil+sand (I watered soil before planting), and kept it on my sunny window.
The sad thing is that the soil stayed wet somehow and didn't drain properly.. so when I checked today I saw that at the cracks of the seeds were lot of very tiny tiny white worms tilling their heads up and moving :? .. I think I've got a "wrong germination".. :lol:

Good I still have a lot of seeds left though. So I want to keep trying until I get them germinated, God willing.. of course.

Anyone knows how to germinate Baobab seeds? I really need help guys :( ..
I tried to look on the net but didn't find much info about it..

Thanks a lot in advance!
The Mini Mango

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

not sure how much you're 'cracking' them, that could be too much; you don't want to crush the growing parts inside. the usual recommendation is to gouge or scratch the seed coat, trying to leave the inner bits as intact as possible...

Mini Mango!

Yeah, I've tried to scratch/vile the outer layer but euh... it is a very hard shell. I just got tired and gave up after a while lol. I'll need to find an easier way to vile them I guess...
I wont give up! I want to see them growing.. I want I want I want! :bouncey:

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”