peachguy

Dwarf peach

Hey everyone I just bought a dwarf peach tree(which I am so happy about because I have waited about a year for one). Anyways I was wondering what I should do to keep my dog away from the tree espiecally when it bears fruit, because she eats like crazy. Also if you could post any info you have on peach trees(like care for them). Thanks a lot.

P.S. The tree has flowers a ready so does that mean it will have fruit this year.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

It should probably have fruit this year but, not as much fruit as it will most likely have next year.

Those invisible electric fences work well to keep pets at bay, or you can get one of the old fashioned wire electric fences that will probably be a little cheaper.

A small fence can also help to keep a dog or other animals away from plants.

A third option is one of those sprinklers that shoot a jet of water at anything that moves within the sensor range. These things are really cool.

Grey
Greener Thumb

opabinia51 wrote:A third option is one of those sprinklers that shoot a jet of water at anything that moves within the sensor range. These things are really cool.
Oh that's COOL! I haven't seen those yet. :)

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

They are cool, we had one in the draw at my organic gardening club a few months ago.

They are good for dogs, cats, raccoons, I'm assuming Armadillos and so on.

Actually, apparently dogs learn that they will get a jet of water in the face and after a while, you don't even have to have the thing on. GREAT!

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”