I'm sure all the time this forum receives questions as mine, "what is this?" but I've searched everywhere and can't figure out what this tree is. I live in Arizona and have this sprig (now 2.5 ft tall) growing my by back yard. I have every intention on replanting it but I really need to know what it is. I've searched high and low online and can't find find it! At first glance it seems like a maple (maybe a silver leaf) but it doesn't have an opposite growth pattern like all the maples I know of and the back is only marginally lighter than the top. Due to the shadowing, it isn't quite as dark as the pictures show.
1. Simple, flat leaf (not complex)
2. Multiple balanced lobes, primarily 5 (not unbalanced)
3. Bends between lobes seem u-shaped (not v-shaped)
4. Is palmately lobed (not pinnately)
5. Edges are jagged (not smooth)
6. Alternating leaf pattern (not opposite)
My hope is to transplant this in a more suitable place as it made it's home next to a palm in a pot of mine. Any help would be great!