luvmyyard65
Newly Registered

Juniper bushes and spider webs!!

I posted an earlier message, before I became more educated regarding the type of shrub I have. I now know that the shrubs in front of my house are juniper bushes, and they are obviously infested. I have many spider webs all over these bushes, which are located in front of my house, extending across the entire expanse of my garage wall. I do not know how to permanently get rid of these spider webs, and am not sure what I should treat the plants with. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help?

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

Spiders take care of nasty bugs so I don't worry about their webs in plants.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Pretty much what I was going to say.

I have lots of juniper (torulosa) in front of my house, courtesy of previous owners. Spiders LOVE it.

Other than finding the occasional bee entangled in the webs, I have no problem with knowing that spiders are on patrol against all sorts of bad-guy insects with designs on my other, more desireable, plants. :)

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

bewildered_nmsu

What you're talking about could really be spider mites and if they are it's definitely a problem. Pictures could help us give you a positive identification. If you do find that they are spider mites there are all kinds of insecticidal sprays that you could use (or systemic insecticides if you can't have drift from sprays).

a0c8c
Greener Thumb

It also helps knowing what kind of spider it is. Some build webs that choke out leaves and can eventually choke out a bush. Those type usually go for trees, and trees seem to make easily enough but not sure about shrubs or bushes

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”