ScubaSteve

Tulip tree tulip poplar looks stressed please help!!!!!!

My tulip poplar looked so good until about a month ago. Its leaves just don't look good and on the bottoms they are all getting a little brown looking. they are still green but are not smooth and healthy looking. I have been following what the nursery said with the care. They are a reputable nursery. I did however catch one of my neighbors letting her dog pee on it!!! I did put up a fence around the tree since then, but it still doesnt look that good. Is there any way to get it moving back in the right direction. Please help me, I don't want to lose this tree!!! I have called numerous arborists but none of them ever called back. go figure! It was planted in the end of March here in central nj, also there is NO scale or aphids or sooty mold at all[/b]

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Could you post some clear close-up pictures of the leaves? It would help us to see exactly what you're talking about. I don't think the dog marking it would cause any major problems.

[url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724]How to Post Pictures & Photos on forums[/url]

Diane
Green Thumb

If it's because of the dog, and you don't know how often this happened, I would give it extra water to dilute the dog urine.
My brother lost a few shrubs to the same problem. My dog has killed a bunch of my plants this way also.

ScubaSteve

See link below for picture
Last edited by ScubaSteve on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

ScubaSteve

https://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/ScubaSteve37/tuliptree002.jpg

ScubaSteve

You can see by the pics the discoloration underneath, and also look at the other leaves. You see how they are not smooth. They just don't look right

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”