mmatters
Newly Registered

How do I care for a weeping EDITED - PLEASE REPORT THIS POST willow tree

I just purchased a 2 1/2 foot tall weeping EDITED - PLEASE REPORT THIS POST willow. I haven't seen a EDITED - PLEASE REPORT THIS POST willow since I was a small child so it brings back memories :) I would love to be able to keep it indoors :D How do I prune it? How moist should I keep the soil?

Thanx for any help :)

Brad

I'm not sure where you are located, but in the south I would definately plant it outside. Full sun and a decent amount of moisture. Should be fairly easy from there. It may need a little pruning but otherwise carefree.

In ontario willow are hard to get rid of once planted one good thing about them though the branches make a good rooting hormone usually if you have some cutting and want them to root just put in with them the branches thats what I was told nevr tried but with sedum autumnjoy they rooted quick but sedum is easy to grow anyways I perssonally don't like them I know you cant grow them indoors in ontario

butrflye
Newly Registered

I bought a small Weeping Pussy Willow a couple of months ago and did not get it planted until today. It had catkins when I bought it, but now has leaved out. I must have let it get too dry and now it has dried leaves along the bottom 1/2 of the branches. I was wondering if I should prune these limbs off or is it too late in the spring. I saw where it says to prune them in late winter, and I did not cut it back to within 2 inches of the stem. I hated to do that but now am wondering what I should do? I live in Miss. where winters are very mild and summers are hot and dry. I planted it in a low wet area of my yard where it will get most of the days' sun. Any help would be appreciated.

Butrflye

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”