macumlad
Newly Registered

Box hedging problem, please please can you help?

Hello folks, I hope you don't mind me dropping in to say hello & I really hope you can help with my hedge problem?
I am a keen gardener however my knowledge of plants etc is extremely limited sorry. I planted 145 box hedge plants around three months ago & I seem to have a problem with them. The plants were around 8" in height when planted & after & initial trim they are now around 9"-10" in height & starting to fill out nicely. Unfortunately quite a lot of the leaves appear to be becoming yellow & brown & they appear very dry or even burned. The soil is very well drained (I think) & because of the hot weather I have been giving them a good watering every other day.
I have some very good pictures of some of the plants but I have no idea how to attach them onto this post so if anyone could please help I will send you the pictures for you to have a look at.

Many many thanks in anticipation folks & I hope someone can please help.

Regards. Glenn

Sunderland Tyne & Wear.[/url]

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

There are several helpful posts in the sub-forum "Tips for New Members." Here's the one re. photos:

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724

Sorry you're having trouble with the box!

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

macumlad
Newly Registered

[img]https://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/macumlad/hannah400.jpg[/img]

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with these plants?.........I have 145 of them & it would be a real shame to lose them so early.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Sorry to be an ignorant American, but are you in the UK? (In my defense, there is also a Sunderland, Massachussets, USA). Let us know what kind of weather you've been having lately and are your little shrubs in full sun or what..

macumlad
Newly Registered

Hi & thanks for your reply.
I'm in Sunderland, England but please don't apologize.

The weather over the last few weeks has been extremely wet, constant heavy rain for days at a time however when the picture was taken we were having an extremely dry & very hot & sunny spell (27c), that's quite hot for this part of the country. The plants are quite exposed & in full sun.

I planted them in early May & the soil is well drained but because of the hot & humid weather I did keep them well watered initially & I only water them once a week now, assuming there has been no rainfall.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Glenn.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”