ecyfoto
Newly Registered

Transplanted Crepe Myrtle not blooming yet

Transplanted and pruned the Crepe Myrtle in January. Took to its new location nicely and has vigorous, dense growth. CMs are blooming like crazy now but not mine. Am I being impatient?

Tampa Bay

lilthings

Hi, I have a similer question, I need to transplant 3 CM's, is it to late to do it. One is getting to big in the place I have them. The other two are very small.

Also have to move a butterfly bush, to put CM in it's place.
Please help. I have so much work ahead of me now that I decided to move all this stuff. lol

lilthings

I could not wait for answer, I moved 4 trees and 2 azales, yeaterday now I will cross my fingers, and pay for it with pain. I was yelled at by everyone I talked to yesterday, I have back problems but do what I want then pay for a fews after. :( oh well gotta do what I gotta do. Thanks anyway. :D

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

lilthings if you get rain for a few days you shouldn't have a problem but if you don't water the plants from the top down because they will lose muy moisture when the sun shines. Tampa is ahead of NC for CM but I wouldn't worry because more than likley you distrubed the root system and it is adjusting. This year they will be late and should catch up by next year.

ecyfoto
Newly Registered

Just this morning I noticed the first blossoms forming. Now the wait to see what color they are !

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”