caroline

Help to identify 3 x plants...please?

Hi,

We recently visited Cornwall and went to Glendurgan gardens (amazing place - well recommended!!) and saw many wonderful plants. Among them are 3 that we didn't know of and I was wondering... if anybody has a little time to kill and would like to visit: www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=120566659, could these 3 be identified for me pleeeeeease? I have asked for help and searched the internet, but no joy at present. There are 4 photos, but two are of the same plant (as I am sure you will see...).

Many thanks in advance!

Caroline. :?

valleytreeman

Pic no. 3 looks like it may be a Cornus of some sort. Can't say as I'm much help on the others.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

How large is the plant in pictures 1 & 2? If it's a shrub, and not a tree, it might be a blueberry bush. ([url=https://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1316244920013997836SrWZNs]Image 1[/url]. [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/39774050@N00/3471041826/]Image 2[/url].)

caroline

Hi and thanks to the replies so far. Think the 3rd one may well be a Cornus - have looked at a few images now and that looks right, just need to find out which type......

With regard to the 2 pics of clusters of hanging cup-shaped flowers on the woody plant, it was actually fairly tall as I remember (certainly a lot taller than me, and possibly even taller than my husband at well over 6 feet. I'm fairly sure it wasn't a blueberry bush - I have one of those, (albeit a very small one) in my front garden and I had exactly the same thought about the flower shape, but the plant just looked too big to be a blueberry(??). We were there only last month, if that helps re flowering times, etc? Oh well, somebody might recognise it...

Thanks again for the replies! :wink:
Caroline.

MaineDesigner
Green Thumb

The first two photos appear to be of Enkianthus.

caroline

Yes! Enkianthus campanulatus - which is apparently the same genus as blueberry, hence the flower shape I imagine. Oh, it's very exciting learning new things (aren't we lucky these days - what would we do without the internet for help??!!) Thanks! :D

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”