vdotmatrix
Newly Registered

Blue Rug Juniper

I live in alexandria, va.

I am having BRJ delivered in 3gal pots..

How should I go about installing these guys on the slope of my property...I have search the web looking for instructions on how to transfer but can't find diddly!

I read somewhere it was into a top soiled hole, twice as wide half as deep just up to the root ball. cover with top sol and enjoy...

Can anyone please elaborate?

Vincent
vdotmatrix@gmail.com

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Okay Vdotmatrix, here you go! Hope it helps.

- Dig a planting hole that is large enough and deep enough for the soil ball to be surrounded by a 3 to 4 inch layer of planting mixture. The hole should be deep enough to ensure that the top of the soil ball will be about 1 inch below the surface of the soil after planting.

- Your planting mixture should include some compost, manure, mulched leaves, etc, mixed in with the soil.

- Water your plants thoroughly in their pots.

- Cut down the sides of the container when it is standing on the base of the hole, and remove this very carefully, so as to not break any roots.

- Check the surface of the soil for any circling or tangled roots, and loosen those away, but do not break up the soil ball.

- Fill the space between the soil ball and the sides of the hole with planting mixture. Firm down the planting mixture with your hands.

- After you have planted the bush, you should be left with a shallow basin surrounding it. This is to help retain water.

- Give your plants another good watering.

You're Done! Have fun digging - let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! :wink:

Val

vdotmatrix
Newly Registered

grandpasrose wrote:Okay Vdotmatrix, here you go! Hope it helps.

- Dig a planting hole that is large enough and deep enough for the soil ball to be surrounded by a 3 to 4 inch layer of planting mixture. The hole should be deep enough to ensure that the top of the soil ball will be about 1 inch below the surface of the soil after planting.

- Your planting mixture should include some compost, manure, mulched leaves, etc, mixed in with the soil.

- Water your plants thoroughly in their pots.

- Cut down the sides of the container when it is standing on the base of the hole, and remove this very carefully, so as to not break any roots.

- Check the surface of the soil for any circling or tangled roots, and loosen those away, but do not break up the soil ball.

- Fill the space between the soil ball and the sides of the hole with planting mixture. Firm down the planting mixture with your hands.

- After you have planted the bush, you should be left with a shallow basin surrounding it. This is to help retain water.

- Give your plants another good watering.

You're Done! Have fun digging - let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! :wink:

Val
Ahhhh, guidance thank you very much! tommorow is the beggining!

Vincent

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

You're very welcome! That's what the forum's all about, people helping people!
Hope all goes well - let us know. Feel free to ask any questions, and come back again!! :wink:

Val

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Thanks for that, Val...

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

No problem.......

Val

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”