lazerjulia
Newly Registered

What's wrong w/ my apple tree?

We just moved into a house, about a year ago, in which the previous owners maintained a beautiful garden. One of the things they left us was a mature apple tree. When we moved in I noticed that one entire limb was dead. I promptly cut it off. I happened to notice signs of lots of previous pruning on that side of the tree. Also, I noticed that a lot of the bark was peeling off. In the meantime, in mid-August, the leaves of another limb on that side turned yellow and brown, and just fell off!

This year, That branch only started sprouting leaves about month after the rest of the tree did. The curious thing is; as this branch is growing leaves, leaves on other branches are turning brown and yellow and falling off!

What in the world is going on with my tree?

Clydesdale

I'm having the same problem :( ; can anyone help us both?

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Hello! :)

Perhaps if you each posted a few pictures of your trees, an experienced member could offer advice.

Try to get a clear close-up of a couple of leaves, some stems, and the bark on the trunk. In addition, a picture of the entire tree would be useful.

[url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724]How to Post Pictures & Photos on Forums[/url]

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”