BrownThumb65

Is Cherry Laurel a fast grower?

Hi! I am still looking for a fast growing hedge bush and from my searches on the internet I have found many confusing listings for the Cherry Laurel

Some say it is a fast grower and some say it grows only about 1 foot per year. :?:
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

Since you are in FL I wouldn't plant it in the full sun. Mine in NC like the shade. What's wrong with a foot per year? Just remember a plant will thrive if you don't skimp on the soil that you are planting it in. A well draining soil either with compost or manure mixed in with a handful of bonemeal. I have a lot that I cleared and only Mother Nature waters it but I mix in manure, wood chips when I have it and a handful of bonemeal and haven't lost anything yet in three years.

BrownThumb65

Thanks for the reply!
I am still researching tons of other hedges. The Cherry Laurel, I think, will just get to big to fast! I guess I am asking for much when I want something that is evergreen and grows to about 6-8 feet only. Well, let me get back to my "happy hunting" on the internet!!
I am in Northern Florida in the panhandle so we do get nice winters here and season changes.

DankyDoo

are these also known as a skip laurel?

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”