JMGrdn
Newly Registered

Shrub Identification & Maintenance Tips

Hello,

I am trying to identify the large overgrown shrub that's in front of my house (the one to the left of my front door). Does anyone have any idea of the name of this species? Ive attached a photo link below-

The 2nd part of my question has to do with whether this bush can be pruned down without causing significant damage to its appearance?
Ideally I would like to create a more narrow looking bush out of it along with bringing the height to below or to the level of the top of the front door if at all possible.

Any advice is much appreciated!!!

[img]https://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww215/Jsmal25/IMG_0349.jpg[/img]

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

To help members identify this bush, is it possible to let us know which month the photo was taken? city/state?

Can you get a close-up of the leaves and branches? Is the white stuff flowers? (sorry, I couldn't tell, even on the enlargement)

What kind of soil is it flourishing in? (This may eliminate the possibility of certain plants with strong soil preferences.)

Does it drop its leaves in the winter? in the spring? never?

Hope we can figure this one out for you! :D

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

JMGrdn
Newly Registered

Hello,

Ill try this again if my other post didnt go thru- I believe the photo was taken last August and I am in zone 6. I am located 20 miles north of Manhattan in the lwr Hudson Valley. The bush doesn't loose its leaves during the winter cold or ever for that matter. The soil is more clay than sand is that helps?

I will submit an ECU of the leaf type soon!!! Thank you for your help.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”