landerst
Newly Registered

Rubber Plant not doing well.

Hello,
I have a rubber plant that is in need of help! I purchased it at the beginning of the summer from a little grocery store where it was outdoors in full sun for most of the day. It was really full and had a variety of virbrantly colored leaves. Dark Green, purple, etc.

It dropped a lot of leaves when I got it home which I thought was normal since I don't get tons of light. I bought this plant though because I was told that these plants don't like a lot of light...
For about a month, I have been moving it outdoors during the day where it gets a lot of sun for a few hours because the amount of leaves it dropped was startling, and this seemed to help for a bit.

Now, however, the plant is very dull in color - light green leaves, muddy yellow leaves. I used some plant food thinking it needed nitrogen, and this seems like it helped a bit, but the leaves are still really droopy and it looses at least one leaf every other day.

It's in a plastic pot that looks to be the right size, not too big, not too small. Also, the soil occasionally sprouts little button mushrooms that I simply pluck out. Here is a picture of it.
Thank you for any tips or help you can offer!
[img]https://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo59/landerst/SNC10001.jpg[/img]

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

The leafs appear burned. Maybe you gave it to much sun. Another possibility is it may have spider mites. Spray it with an insectacidal soap (you can get recipies from google), and keep it away from full sun. You could also try to increase the humidity; that may help.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”