spudgirl
Newly Registered

Have blossoms but only one lonely tomato

I need help with my tomatoes.

I have two plants, both about 4 1/2 feet tall. However they are not very bushy and the lower leaves turn yellow and die off.

Both have had blossoms but only one plant has one lonely tomato on it and the other one hasn't produced anything.

I water them regularly and started feeding them an organic fertilizer plus some epsom salt.

Any ideas?[/img]

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

What varieties are they? What kind of soil are they in? In the ground, in raised beds, or in containers? What sun (exposure and duration) do they receive? How are they watered (how much, how often)?

Sorry they're being difficult, but more information will allow Forum members to provide better suggestions for tomato care.

I would also recommend taking a picture (if you can) and showing it to a local, independent nursery or garden-supply store for their suggestions as well.

Cynthia H.
USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 17

wurzelgummidge

spudgirl wrote:I need help with my tomatoes.

I have two plants, both about 4 1/2 feet tall. However they are not very bushy and the lower leaves turn yellow and die off.

Both have had blossoms but only one plant has one lonely tomato on it and the other one hasn't produced anything.

I water them regularly and started feeding them an organic fertilizer plus some epsom salt.

Any ideas?[/img]
its normal for some lower leaves to turn yellow,they may need some proper tomatoe food and its not to late for more to form as ive still got flowers on some of mine. don't overwater them though,I do mine once a day where the temprature in the greenhouse is 86/90 f

spudgirl
Newly Registered

Here is photo of my plants:
https://gallery.me.com/spudgirl#100250/IMG_1727&bgcolor=black (not sure how to load a photo into the forum)

I have been feeding them "happy frog" all purpose 5-5-5 fertilizer once a month.

One is a "Green Zebra" and the other a "Celebrity" - they are on the southwest side of my patio in the ground.

When the temperatures started to rise to around 100F in early June I was watering them daily b/c they were looking kind of limp and wilty. Then I worried that I was overwatering them but the local garden center said I didn't have to worry about overwatering.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”