darrenandamyse
Newly Registered

Is there something wrong with my Tomatoes???

Hi all, we got one of those $1 things at Target that had a tine pot and some seeds. We grew them and only one made it. When it got it's first real leaves we transplanted it to a larger pot and put it outside. It has really grown. The first couple of weeks it was outside the underside was dark purple which indicated either weather (cold) or lack of nutrients. The weather shortly changed and we added some fertilizer and it turned back to all green. Now it has grown even more and blossoms are now starting to bloom. It looks like our one little tomato plant will have about 40 tomatoes if everything blooms. But within the last week some of the leaves are starting to curl. And it has little tiny black specs on the stem part. They look like pepper and as far as I can tell it is on the stem and not something outside of it. I have done some research and maybe I am over watering. I do keep the soil moist most of the time. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

From my observations, the edges of tomato leaves will curl upwards if watered too much and downward if watered too little. Are you sure the black specks aren't just dirt? I can't help you if its something else, sorry!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”