Clubman35
Newly Registered

Too much rain

Hello all,

I'm both new to this forum and new to gardening.

Things were going great up until a few days ago. We have had quite abit of rain in my area the last few days, and now my tomato plants aren't looking so great. The rain didn't drain as well as I would have hoped, and now my plants look like they are wilting. I constructed a plastic "tent" over my plants because more rain is in the forcast. Is there anything else that I could do to save them?

Thanks-
Jim

Roger

I don't think there is a quick fix for excess rain other than a shelter, as you have done. They do like considerable amounts of water, although they do prefer it in the ground and not so much on the plant itself. I have noticed that once the rains blow through and a few days of clear weather shows up, the plant usually bounces back to look rather healthy, though this can take several days.

Clubman35
Newly Registered

Thanks for the reply. A few of the plants are starting to look better, but I think I am going to lose a few too. They don't look very happy :( .

The plants that aren't going to make it are the "Sweet 100's" . If I can find somemore at my local nursery, do you think it's too late to try potting them?

Jim

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”